PC players who use DualSense in their games no longer need a Playstation 5 to keep the controls up to date with all the features. After an update released in April 2022, it became possible to update the DualSense through PCs running Windows. See the necessary requirements and the tutorial on how to perform the procedure.
The DualSense upgrade process is simple, doesn’t require a lot of resources and can be done on most PCs running Windows 10 or Windows 11. Before we start, check out the necessary requirements.
Requirements needed to update DualSense on PC
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit version) or Windows 11;
- Available disk space: 10 MB or more;
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher;
- USB port available
- DualSense compatible USB cable
Now let’s go step by step.
- Download the firmware: Go to the Playstation official website and click the “Download/Transfer” button to download the DualSense firmware in your preferred folder on your computer. If you have the program installed, you can go straight to step 3.
- Configure the program: After downloading, launch the program and click “Next”. Check the “Repair” option to perform the necessary updates. It is also possible to use the “Modify” field to do a custom installation, however, we will continue with the simplest path. After this step, just complete the installation and check the “Start the program” box. At this point, a message will appear asking you to connect the controller.
- Connect DualSense to PC: Connect the DualSense to a USB port on your computer to perform the installation and follow the instructions. If your controller does not have previous updates, it is possible that an additional download will be necessary for this step. However, just follow the program instructions.
- Finish the process: At the end of the process, check “Ok”. You will see a screen confirming that the controller has been updated and the firmware version number installed.
Important: Do not turn off the PC or remove the USB cable from the controller during the update procedure to avoid possible errors and damage.
It is worth remembering that it is possible to update only one controller at a time, even if you have other controllers connected to other USB ports on the PC.