Are you head over heels looking for the best video editing tools for beginner games? Here we help stop your search with this article.
Video game content has gained tremendous popularity and a loyal fan base in recent years. There are hundreds of YouTube channels that exclusively curate game-related videos, whether it’s game videos or online game reviews. If you’re also a passionate gamer looking to create a channel for these videos, there’s no better time to get started than now.
There is no denying that there is a plethora of game video editing software available on the market. Some are free, while others are not. The real dilemma is which to choose.
To answer your questions, we’ve compiled a list of the best video editing tools for gamers that will take you to editing heaven.
Game Video Editing Tools
Lightworks is another video game editor that can be used by both film industry professionals and social media marketers to improve video content. It supports a wide variety of formats such as.NLE, MXF, Quicktime, AVI, ProRes, and many more.
Prominent Lightworks features:
- Lightworks is a cross-platform application that runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- It gives you access to royalty-free audio and video content.
- With its drag and drop feature, you can effortlessly edit clips and footage.
- Video routing is another feature that lets you apply effects to video segments in a systematic way.
Users can right-click a clip from the edit viewer, bin, or timeline and export it directly to YouTube.
Clipify is a lightweight editor with an intuitive interface. The program is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 and has a toolkit of essential features to polish your video. Gamers will appreciate the software’s handy voice tool for recording comments, the music tool for accompanying videos with soundtracks, and the extensive library of embellishments and captions for making streams more engaging.
Here are some more advantages of Clipify:
- A package of basic video editing features for cropping, splitting, merging, and enhancing video recordings
- 450+ effects, transitions, and title clips
- Webcam capture and a voice recorder
- Library of 200+ royalty-free soundtracks you can use in your video
- Video quality fix, stabilization, automatic colour correction
- Easy-to-use pro features like Curves and Chroma Key
- Compatibility with most popular video formats and export to YouTube and social media in Full HD
You can get this gaming video editing software for free. Yet, you would have to buy a subscription to use the exclusive tools of the program like the voice recorder, webcam capture, Stabilization, and Curves. However, if you only want to slightly tweak your video, the free plan will be enough for the job.
FlexClip is one of the most powerful videos editing tools for games. It’s feature-rich and easy to use, allowing you to edit your game movies to perfection, whether you’re a starter or an experienced video creator. Also, it is one of the few video editing software that allows you to make videos without a watermark in free editing.
Prominent FlexClip Features:
- FlexClip is an easy-to-use online platform.
- Different video and image formats are supported.
- You can crop video/music, modify images and text, change the aspect ratio or effects, add narration and tag your production.
- The tool has a built-in screen and a webcam recorder.
- You can easily manage your video clips and photos in your clean storyboard.
We are also giving away 5 flexclip accounts of the plus plan for a month to you today.
The codes are:
Blender is one of the most loved software by players that is available for free. This tool has a variety of functions, such as animation, modelling, simulation, and more. In addition, Blender has a built-in Video Sequence Editor that lets you do basic edits like slicing and cutting and more advanced tasks like video masking and colour grading.
Outstanding features of Blender:
- You can apply effects to video recordings with up to 32 slots.
- The tool offers three types of edit views: sequencer, live view, and preview/sequencer.
- The audio mixing function makes it easier to combine different audio with less ambiguity.
- It can also turn your photography into a real-life 3D scene.
- Blender can import and export data from various tools, including 3D Studio, Wavefront, Filmbox, Autodesk, etc.
Other features include planar tracking, tripod solvers, camera reconstruction, render layer support, manual monitoring, and more.
5. Filmora Video Editor
Filmora is a video editing tool created for beginners who want to concentrate on editing and producing high-quality videos. It also supports 4K video editing. Filmora is an affordable product that contains both video and audio tools. When it comes to styling, adding effects, and customizing video clips, it offers users plenty of options.
Prominent features of Filmora Video Editor:
- It supports over 50 file formats, 4K editing, Filmstock effects, and all basic and advanced editing tools in the most user-friendly interface.
- Its keyframe feature lets you customize any animation by joining keyframes together to modify opacity, scale, position, and rotations.
- Its Audio Ducking feature allows you to mute background music while listening to monologues or dialogue.
- This tool comes with a wide range of video editing features like crop, brightness controls, split, rotation, crop, and volume controls.
It supports many formats such as MP4, MPEG, ASF, AVI, MKV, 3GP, and other HD video formats.
6. Movavi Video Editor Plus
Movavi Video Editor Plus is another great video editing tool that runs on Windows 7/8/10 and Mac. Movavi is an ideal software for editing game clips, which supports a wide variety of audio and video formats.
Prominent features of Movavi Video Editor Plus:
- This video tool offers various titles, stickers, and transitions created by skilled designers.
- The Video Stabilization Tool can help reduce shaky motion in any footage.
- Movavi allows you to overlay videos and add comments.
- You can use the spacebar to pause and resume playback and the mouse wheel + Ctrl key to resize the timeline.
- Adjustments, blur, colour filters, vignettes, and other effects are available in Movavi’s Filters mode.
Using any of these game video editing tools, you can create videos that are stable and attractive. And the best part is that all these video editors are user-friendly for beginners. No previous experience is required to master these tools.
All game video editing tools on this list are worth trying. Don’t just take our word for it. Try it for yourself and find the one that best suits your needs.