If you chat with many people on WhatsApp, you probably have forgotten to reply to an important message, be it from friends or family. Fortunately, the messenger offers a very interesting feature that can help you during those hours. Follow this tutorial to learn how to mark a message on WhatsApp as “unread”, both in the mobile application and on WhatsApp Web.
Marking a message as “unread” on WhatsApp
First of all, it is important to remember that when you mark a message as “unread”, it will be marked only for you, that is, the person who sent the message will still know that you have read and not responded, but this only applies if read confirmation is enabled.
In general, this feature is important to remind you not to leave anyone in the “vacuum”. Check out the step-by-step below:
How to mark a message on WhatsApp as ‘unread’ on Android
- Open WhatsApp;
- Touch and hold the conversation you want to mark as “unread”;
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Click the option “Mark as unread”;
- The application will place a green “ball” in the conversation to indicate that the message has not yet been read;
How to mark a message on WhatsApp as ‘unread’ iOS (iPhone)
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone;
- Swipe right on the conversation you want to mark as “unread”;
- Touch the option “Mark as unread”;
How to mark a message on WhatsApp as ‘unread’ On WhatsApp Web
Just like in the app, WhatsApp Web also allows you to mark a conversation as “unread”. Here’s how to perform the procedure on your computer:
- Go to web.whatsapp.com and login normally using the QR Code ;
- When the page loads, choose the conversation you want to mark and hover over it;
- Click on the down arrow in the lower right corner;
- Click on the option “Mark as unread”;
- The platform will also insert the same green “ball” in the conversation;
Okay, now you know how to mark a message on WhatsApp as “unread”, something very useful for those who usually talk to many people daily and unintentionally end up leaving some aside.