Depending on the area in which you work or simply to have more privacy, hiding the phone number can be a ‘hand in the wheel’, as it can prevent disclosure of your contact. The good news is that in the vast majority of phones, whether iOS or Android, there is already a native way to hide the number and make so-called private calls.
The procedure is simple and can be done from the cell phone settings. The paths to settings are different on iPhone and Android. Follow below how to perform the procedure on both devices.
- How to transfer files between iPhone, Android or PC
- How to bypass ‘Your device is not compatible with this version’ message on Play store
How to hide my number on iPhone (Private number on iPhone)
- Access “Settings” and click on “Phone”;
- Scroll down and tap “Show My Number ”;
- Then deactivate the selector switch “Show My Number”;
It is worth noting that, if the person already has your contact saved, hiding the number does not prevent them from identifying your call.
To show your caller ID again, just repeat the process stated above and enable show caller ID.
How to hide my number on Android
- Go to the dialer and click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Then tap on “Settings”;
- Then, scroll down and click on “Complementary Services”;
- Click on “Display your Caller ID” and
- Select the “Never” option. (On other devices with different versions – updated or not – the option may appear as “Hide number”)
To enable your caller ID again, repeat the process stated above and enable show caller ID.
How to Set Private Number (Caller ID) Using Private Number Code
To hide your caller ID when calling another number, simply dial #31# followed by the number you intend to call and dial the number (e.g #31#08094567845), your number will be hidden from the call receiver and will show unknown or private number instead.
How to remove your number from private number
Simply redial the number without the private number code.
Now you know how to hide your phone number on both iPhone and Android devices. Did you like the tip? Then share with friends.