Hi guys, let’s see how we can bypass the Google Play Store Moderators and get rid of the annoying “Your device is not compatible with this version” message…
- A rooted Android device
- ES File explorer or Root Browser (installed on the device)
First, your device needs to be rooted.
Next, you need to have a file manager that can easily navigate through your root files and for that, I recommend ES File Explorer or Root Browser.
Now that you have the two, I.e. root and a root browser, follow these steps:
1. Open your preferred root browser and navigate to device storage (root).
2. Look for the system folder.
3. Inside the folder, locate a .prop file called build.prop
4. Select that file and open it with an appropriate note editor.
5. In the documented text, look for the following quotation:
6. On the top of the document, if using ES Note Editor, you’ll see a pen mark. Click on it to edit the text.
7. Now tweak the file by inserting the latest android version of your choice.
NOTE: DO NOT PUT AN ANDROID VERSION THAT HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED.
E.g. Don’t put Android 10.0.0
8. Once you are done, ensure that you save the changes you made on the .prop file.
9. Go back and exit the app.
10. Reboot your device for changes to take place.
11. Once rebooted, you can go to Setings>about device>android version to check if you did the operation to perfection.
NOTE IF THE BYPASS TRICK DID NOT WORK FOR YOU, TRY IT THIS TIME AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS BECAUSE THE SYSTEM HAS BECOME AWARE OF CHANGES TAKING PLACE.