As time goes by, we all change. So our social media names might also need an update. In this text, we will teach you step-by-step how to change your name on TikTok. It’s worth remembering that there are differences between the username, or your @, and the display name. But don’t worry, we’ll explain how to change both.
Before starting the explanation, I point out that the username can only be changed once every 30 days on TikTok. In addition, when you change it, your profile link also changes, which can make it difficult to find your account on the social network.
Another important piece of information is that the process for verified profiles on TikTok is a little different. To change your username, the platform will ask you to verify your identity again to complete the change.
How to change username and display name on TikTok
There are no more important considerations to mention, so let’s get straight to the step-by-step on how to change your username and display name on TikTok. As the two processes are very similar, we will bring both to you at the same time, commenting on the differences:
- Open the TikTok app on your device
- Click on “Profile”
- Click on “Edit Profile”
- In your profile settings, you will already see the two options for changing your username and display.
- Select “Name” or “Username”
- Now just freely edit your display name and hit save. In the case of the username, first, you need to enter the desired nickname and then check its availability before saving.
How to change username on TikTok from PC
If you want to carry out this same process on your computer, the steps are very similar, but the interface is different.
- Go to the TikTok website and log in to your account.
- Then, click on “View Profile” by hovering over your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then click on “Edit Profile”.
- Finally, you’ll soon see the two options to change both your username and your display name. Just enter the new nicknames and then click on save in the lower right corner of the screen.
That’s it, now you can change your username and display name for the platform you prefer!
You can only change your username every 30 days!
It is worth remembering again that the username, that is, your @, can only be changed once every thirty days, so choose carefully. Another important point is that the link leading to your TikTok profile will also change. So, if your social network is linked to other platforms, you need to update the URL manually.