Facebook Lite is a lighter, faster and more economical option for older low-performance phones.
Facebook Lite is an application created by Meta, which can be output for those looking for speed and more space on the Android smartphone. The app is very small, is only 1.32 MB and works even on older phones.
The minimum requirement is Android 2.2 – Froyo, from 2010 – and, according to Facebook, uses less data, consumes little resources from your rich buck and works in all network conditions. Even in 2G networks and areas with unstable or slow connections. So, if you don’t care about pyrotechnics, it will meet your needs.
- Facebook (original): 4.10 MB
- Facebook Lite: 1.32 MB
Hey, but the lite should not have Stories, messages and etc … Your mistake, it has it all. And best of all, it does not require the Messenger app, which is mandatory to use in the Facebook app. Although, the interface is kind of ugly.
Benefits of Facebook Lite
the application is smaller, downloads faster and uses less storage space;
It is available in APK (Android):
you can download it directly from the Facebook site and use it on Android emulators;
Works on old cell phones:
you can use an old phone that doesn’t support the normal app;
Uses less data:
has less detail and is more efficient with mobile data. Saves your money;
it is the fastest application on the platform, including photos, videos and the news feed;
Works on all networks:
it is programmed for 2G networks and areas with unstable or slow connections;
Compatible with all devices:
it is compatible with Android 2.2 or higher and offers almost everything from the Facebook app;
Lower Battery and Memory consumption
the Lite version consumes fewer resources than Facebook app, with a simpler layout;
Is there Facebook Lite for iPhone (iOS)?
Facebook Lite available is on both iOS for Android:
There is also a beta version, where the new features arrive first:
There is also a Messenger Lite, which is reduced to the messenger and dispenses with the social network:
In some countries, there are lite versions for iPhone (iOS). When launched – Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite for iOS – in October 2018, they were exclusive apps from Turkey.
What can you do on Facebook Lite?
You can do a number of things on your Facebook Lite, see if there’s anything missing from the list:
- Send messages and participate in group chat (without using Messenger);
- Receive notifications when your friends like and comment on your posts;
- See what your friends are doing in the news feed;
- Share posts, photos and videos (including feelings, location and activities);
- Express yourself with reactions (Facebook Reactions);
- Buy and sell locally on the Facebook Marketplace;
- Publish to pages where you are the administrator;
- Post to groups that you are part of on the social network;
- Publish and view Stories without any application restrictions;
- Publish cards with a coloured background (very popular in the feed);
- Refine searches by group, posts, pages or people;
- Create and publish ads on your Facebook pages;
- Answer and post questions on your personal profile;
- Add and remove friends, nudge, nap and etc;
- View saved links and memories from “This Day” from previous years.
What can’t you do on Facebook Lite?
If you have read critically, looking for loopholes, know that they exist. There are features that are not available in Facebook Lite. However, initially, many of them were not, as was the case with Facebook Stories, but a while later they arrived.
- Have the same social network design as the original Facebook app;
- Broadcast live videos on the app;
- Edit posts with photos (changing the media for another);
- Create polls with multiple response options in posts;
- Use game resources, bots and in-app purchases;
That’s all I noticed in the Facebook Lite application. If you know of any more, include them in the comments section and share them with us.