There are several ways to make money in GTA 5. One of them is on the stock exchange. Rockstar’s famous game also has its own version of the stock market, and players can “break the bankroll” if they apply at the right time. Learn how to invest in the stock market in GTA 5 and wake up the Warren Buffet in you.
- Where to find the 100 hidden action figures in GTA Online
- GTA 5 cheats and codes – Xbox One and 360, PS4
Understanding the stock market (virtual)
There are two stock exchanges in GTA 5: LCN (Liberty City National Exchange) and BAWSAQ. Both simulate the operation of a real stock market, with several fictitious companies in the game universe traded in them.
The player can buy and sell shares in both markets at any time by accessing their respective websites by the character’s mobile phone. The “up and down” of the roles is influenced by certain events in history, and also by the actions and activities that take place in the city during the game. Stock exchanges are not available in online mode.
How to invest in the stock exchange in GTA 5
In theory, the operation of the GTA 5 stock exchange is the same as the real stock market: buy when the shares are devalued, sell when the price goes up.
At LCN, price fluctuations occur influenced exclusively by the events of the history mode. There are even good profit opportunities among some missions.
BAWSAQ, on the other, is affected by a mix of its in-game activities with what other players are up to in Los Santos. That way, it’s a little more unpredictable and more risky, but it can also yield better profits. Despite suffering a slight “external” influence, it is not possible to invest in BASWAQ through GTA Online.
To buy and sell in-game stocks:
- Access the internet from any character’s mobile phone;
- Open the “Money and Services” page and visit the LCN or BAWSAQ website;
- Assess the situation of the roles and choose the company in which you want to invest;
- Choose the number of actions and click “Buy”.
To sell the papers, the process is the same, but indicating the amount of shares you want to sell.
The traditional way of assessing the viability of shares through the chart also applies on the GTA stock exchange 5. You can access the information of any company in the game and verify that the papers are in an uptrend or fall before making the investment. Then, just check the values at each time of the game, being able to sleep at intervals to speed up the process.
However, the most guaranteed way to make good profits is to take advantage of the assassination missions given by Lester. In them, Franklin is expected to eliminate some executives from large companies from the game, directly affecting both the shares of the company in question and its rival.
That’s six missions. Only the first, involving the founder of the social network Lifeinvader, does not guarantee profits. In the others, just follow the order below. The percentages indicate the maximum gain for each.
- The Assassination Hotel: Betta Pharmaceuticals (BAWSAQ, 50%) and Bilkinton Research (LCN, 80-200%);
- The Multi Target Assassination: Debonaire (LCN, 60-90%) and Redwood Cigarettes (LCN, 300-400%);
- The Vice Assassination: Redwood Cigarettes (LCN, 30-60%) and Facade (BAWSAQ, 20-40%);
- The Bus Assassination: none before, invest everything after the assassination in Vapid (BAWSAQ, 100%);
- The Construction Assassination: Gold Coast (LCN, 80%), don’t invest in any after the murder.
One tip is to leave to do the missions there for the end of the campaign, to maximize profits by applying larger amounts.
Source: GTA Wiki.