Saving your photos, friends and even other people’s public images or Facebook pages can be of great use, especially since you don’t need to keep storage restricted to the social network service. With the help of some apps or extensions, you can download any type of post you want. Check out how to download photos and Stories from Facebook.
How to save photos from Facebook
- Tap the Facebook photo to expand;
- Tap the top menu, the three dots at the top of the photo;
- Tap “Download” or “Save on mobile.”
It is still possible to download all the photos you posted at once as a kind of backup:
- Enter the “Settings and privacy” menu;
- Select “settings”;
- Go to “Your information on Facebook”;
- Select “Download your information”. You can also choose the “Transfer a copy of your photos or videos” option to Google Photos;
- Choose what information you want to download;
- Click the “Create file” button;
- After receiving the confirmation email, go to “Available Files” and click Download.
How to download photos of others on Facebook
On the smartphone, the process is similar for Android and iOS. Just hold the photo of your friend or other people as long as they’re public, and tap “Download on mobile” for Android and “Save photo” for iOS.
On the PC, right-click on the photo and save the photo file to the location of your choice.
How to save the photo to see later
Facebook lets you save a post to see later, such as videos, photos of friends, or page posts. Follow the steps:
- Click on the publication menu, the three dots in the upper right corner;
- Select “Save post,” “Save event,” “Save link,” or “Save video”;
- If it’s a page, just select “Save” after clicking on the three dots;
- To view, simply select the “Saved” option from the Facebook menu.
How to Save Stories on Facebook
To save someone’s Stories on Facebook, you need to download some apps on your phone or an extension to Google Chrome, as the social network doesn’t natively allow this option.
- For Android: A good option is the Save Story for Facebook Stories app. Just sign in with your Facebook account, select the story and tap “Download” in the menu you open;
- For iOS: Shortcuts is an app that automates various actions on Apple’s system, including downloading videos and Stories on Facebook;
- On PC: You need to download an extension for Chrome, The Story Saver. After installing, open Facebook in Chrome and an icon will appear in the story you watch: just click and download.
It is important to note that there are several apps with the function of downloading videos and stories, but you need to be careful when entering your Facebook login information, as you will share this data with the app. You may also read our guide to recover your hacked Facebook account.