You can create a playlist on Spotify only with podcasts or add episodes of your favorite shows to playlists with songs you already own. The process is simple although, for now, it can only be done through mobile apps.
How to create a playlist on Spotify only with podcasts
The feature to add podcast episodes to playlists has recently been introduced to Spotify for now is only available on iPhone and Android apps.
To create your own playlist, do the following:
- Open Spotify on your phone;
- Tap “Your Library” and then the “Podcasts” tab;
- Tap “Shows” and then the podcast you want to include episodes in a playlist;
- Find the desired episode and tap “More” (the three dots);
- Tap “Add to playlist”;
- Tap an existing playlist, or “New playlist” to create a new one;
- If you choose a new playlist, type its name and tap “Create”;
- Repeat for each new podcast episode you want to include in a playlist.
And that’s it.
The procedure is basically the same for creating playlists with songs, with the difference that this can be done in the desktop application or by the browser. Either way, you can create playlists only with episodes of your favorite podcasts, just with songs or a mixed playlist, with both types of soundtracks.
The only thing you need to remember is that, at least for now, you can only include podcasts in playlists by mobile apps. However, any playlist created by the mobile phone is available to be heard in the browser, desktop apps and other devices such as set-top boxes and video game consoles. According to the platform, the option to use these apps to create playlists with podcasts will be released in the future. You may also like how to find your most played songs on Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music.