WhatsApp introduced the “status” feature some years back. This feature lets users post videos, images and write-ups and it automatically disappears after 24 hours. It has grown so big over the years and now many users monetize it.
The videos and images you upload to your WhatsApp status can be viewed by your contacts and you can view theirs. More times than often, you come across WhatsApp statuses that amuse you so much that you watch them over and over again so you decide to save them.
Whatsapp previously added the option to save WhatsApp status and removed the feature later. However, there are other methods to save a WhatsApp Status e.g through the file manager on your phone and third-party apps.
In this article, I’ll teach you easy methods to save Whatsapp status on iPhone and Android without having to ask your friend again.
How to Save WhatsApp Status Video and Pictures on iPhone and Android
There are two ways to save WhatsApp Statuses. The first method is using the File Manager on your Android Phone and the second method is by using third-party apps. Both of them are explained in detail below:
Save status using File Manager
What you want to do is copy or move the photo or video file from the temporary folder to another folder after viewing it and here’s how to go about it;
- Open your file manager or download ES file explorer;
- Click on “options”> settings > enable “view hidden files”;
- Go back to the File Manager and scroll to the WhatsApp folder;
- Open the “Media” folder;
- Click on “.statuses”;
- That folder contains all the viewed photos and videos over the last 24-hour period (WhatsApp Status automatically disappears after 24 hours);
- Move or copy the photo or video to another folder.
How to Download WhatsApp Status Using MX Player
MX Player is a very popular video player with advanced hardware acceleration used by over 500 million people around the globe.
With the new MX Player update, you can now transfer files without mobile data usage, share Music, share videos, share files and save WhatsApp status videos and images.
To download WhatsApp Status with MX Player:
- Install MX player and open it;
- Click on the “Save WhatsApp Status” icon;
- You’ll see all the WhatsApp Status you’ve viewed in the last 24 hours;
- Click download to save any of the videos you want;
- Swipe left to see the downloaded videos on the “Saved” page.
How to Save WhatsApp Status Using Xender
Xender is a file-sharing tool that can be used to share music, videos, movies, files and the likes across Android phones and iPhones.
So how do you use Xender to save WhatsApp status?
- Firstly, Download Xender from PlayStore or App Store;
- Open the application;
- Navigate to Social at the bottom of the Xender home screen;
- Then Click Connect;
- Go back to Xender, all the status that has been uploaded will be shown there;
- Simply click on the download icon and the WhatsApp video or photo will be saved to your storage.
That’s all on how to save a WhatsApp Status using Xender.
How to Save WhatsApp Status on iPhone
WhatsApp Pocket is a data recovery software which also includes the feature to let you save WhatsApp status videos and images. It is a desktop app and is available for download on Windows and Mac.
- Download and install WhatsApp Pocket;
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer;
- Run the WhatsApp Pocket app;
- Select your device and start scanning;
- WhatsApp chats will be displayed, including files such as images, videos from your contacts Status updates after the scan is completed;
- Click and Preview the WhatsApp chats, and the status you want;
- Click on the “Export Attachment” button and choose where to save.
That is how to save WhatsApp Status videos and images on iPhone and Android.
Thanks for the knowledge 🙌🏾
I really appreciate