Cell phones supporting two SIM cards are very common. Despite this, conventional WhatsApp only supports one phone number per device. Fortunately, it is possible to have a dual WhatsApp, that is, to use two WhatsApp accounts on the same cell phone. As that’s what you’ll see below.
How to Have Two WhatsApp Accounts on a Samsung Phone
Samsung cell phones come standard with a feature that allows you to activate dual WhatsApp. For that:
- Open “Settings”;
- Tap “Advanced Features”, “Dual Messenger”;
- Activate the switch next to the WhatsApp icon;
- If a message appears asking for permission to install secondary WhatsApp, tap “Install” and then “Confirm”;
- Open the duplicate WhatsApp app (it will be indicated with a checkmark);
- Sign in with another account (mobile number), which can be confirmed by SMS.
How to Duplicate WhatsApp on Xiaomi
There is also a native feature to duplicate WhatsApp (and other apps) on various Xiaomi smartphones. This is Dual Apps. It works like this:
- Go to “Settings”;
- Search for and open the “Apps” or “Applications” option;
- Tap “Dual Apps”;
- Tap “Create” on the next screen;
- Turn on the switch next to WhatsApp and tap “Activate”;
- Dual WhatsApp will be created; just open it to enter the second account.
Other manufacturers adopting the multi-account feature
There are more manufacturers that provide native tools to duplicate apps on their devices. Here are some of them:
- Asus: Settings / Advanced / Twin Apps
- Huawei and Honor: Settings / Twin Apps
- Oppo: Settings / App Manager / Clone Apps
- Vivo: Settings / Apps / App Clone
How to use WhatsApp Business to have two accounts on the same phone
Just search for WhatsApp Business on the Google Play Store and install it. The application is separate from the conventional WhatsApp, so this is a good option for those who want to download two WhatsApps on the same cell phone.
This is because WhatsApp Business is aimed at companies, which is why it provides specific features for this segment, such as automatic responses and a product/service catalog.
Thus, you can use WhatsApp “normal” for your personal number and associate WhatsApp Business with your business cell phone, for example. One application does not interfere with the other. Each works only with its respective chip (number).
It’s not just for Android. WhatsApp Business is also a good alternative for those who want to use two WhatsApp accounts on iPhone. The logic is the same: you can associate a number with the conventional WhatsApp and another with the Business version.
How to set up two WhatsApp accounts with Parallel Space
For cell phones that don’t have a native function to duplicate WhatsApp, Parallel Space appears as a solution. The app not only allows you to have a dual WhatsApp, it can also duplicate Telegram, Facebook, Instagram and other apps:
- Download and install Parallel Space from the Google Play Store;
- Open Parallel Space and choose the app to be duplicated (here, WhatsApp);
- Tap “Add to Parallel Space”;
- Open WhatsApp through Parallel Space, on the icon that was added;
- Then click on “Allow” so that Parallel Space can manage calls, discover the location of the device and access media files if required.
Now just configure the secondary WhatsApp within Parallel Space:
- Open Parallel Space;
- Select WhatsApp (or another app you have duplicated);
- Tap “Agree and Continue”;
- Enter the secondary mobile number, confirm the SMS and follow the normal WhatsApp setup.
Still in Parallel Space, you can also tap on the WhatsApp icon and drag it to the “Create Shortcut” option. This procedure puts the additional WhatsApp icon on the home screen, but it only works if the Pro (paid) version of Parallel Space is in use.
Another note: Parallel Space may tell you that you are using WhatsApp in the 64-bit version. If that happens, just install Parallel Space with 64-bit support and repeat the previous steps.
If Parallel Space did not work for you for some reason, know that there are other tools that duplicate applications, such as Dual Spaces.
Is it possible to use two WhatsApp on the computer?
Yes, it is possible to keep two accounts active on WhatsApp Web. You can do this using different browsers (one account in each browser) or by placing one of the profiles in an incognito tab. It is even possible to use specific extensions for this.
Can I use multi-account services to clone WhatsApp?
All features to duplicate WhatsApp should only be used for those who have or need to have more than one account on the messenger.