How about making a joke with your friends on WhatsApp? Did you know that there is how to write upside-down messages in the app? You can be sure that when you receive texts like this, your contacts will think that the cell phone has a problem.
Sending messages with upside-down texts is not a native feature of the Android operating system and this is also not a function that is included in WhatsApp. However, with the help of a free application, it is possible to add more of this feature to your smartphone.
How to create upside-down Messages on WhatsApp
Since the ability to invert the text of messages is not available on Android or WhatsApp, we need to use a third-party application to create this effect. The solution goes by the name of Upside Down Keyboard and is available for free on the Play Store.
- Download and install the Upside Down Keyboard app
- Then, tap “Start” and go to “Open this settings menu”
- Enable the application on the list of keyboards and tap “Back”
- Return to the app and tap “Next”;
- Finally, go to “Open this settings menu” and make the Upside Down keyboard the main one.
That’s all! From now on, writing upside down is one of the possibilities you have not only on WhatsApp but on any Android application. To use the feature on WhatsApp, do the following:
- Start a conversation with a contact on WhatsApp;
- Note that, in the lower-left corner of the keyboard, an application icon will appear – the letter “A” upside down with two arrows.
- Just tap on that option to select the Upside Down keyboard. Write your message as normal and see that it will be upside down.
Pretty simple, isn’t it?
Flip Text: alternative on PC
If you are on a PC, there is another possibility to invert texts and send them via social networks. Just go to the Flip Text website. Through it, you can invert any type of text and then share it on other services.
All you have to do is type in the text or paste the finished text into the search field. Then tap on one of the available alternatives to make changes to what was written:
- Flip Upside Down – Inverts the text and leaves the message upside down.
- Flip Text – Flip the text.
- Wording Flip – Inverts just a specific word or phrase.
- Reverse Lettering – Function similar to Flip Text.
- Funny Code Text – Exchanges the letters with others, but maintains a pattern between them.
- Password Generator – Generates random passwords.
Remember that some services may not accept inverted characters because they do not recognize the format of the letters. This is the case, for example, of WhatsApp Web, which does not allow you to paste text in formats other than those compatible with the Windows keyboard.
- Google Lens scans text on mobile and sends it to Chrome on PC
- How to Convert Audio Voice notes into Text On WhatsApp