One of Snapchat’s many entertainment features includes “Snapstreak”. With Snapstreak, you commit to sending someone at least one photo or video within 24 hours every day. The goal is to achieve the highest streak score by maintaining daily trading.
Although Snapchat reminds you if your streak is about to expire (when no snap has been sent within 24 hours), a broken streak can’t always be repaired. If this has happened to you, read on to find out how to restore your footage.
In addition to getting your Snapstreak back, our FAQ explains how to maintain a streak and what the streak score is for the longest streak to date.
How to recover a streak in Snapchat
Sometimes the reason for a Snapstreak ending is out of control.
If you think you followed the Snapstreak rules and your streak expired by mistake, follow these steps from your Snap account to start the recovery process:
- Open Snapchat and sign in to your account.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Towards the bottom, go to the “Supports” section.
- Tap “I need help” and then “Snapstreaks.”
- From the section “What if my Snapstreak is gone?” option, choose “Let us know”.
- Select “My Snapstreaks are gone.”
- Complete the form, including as much information as possible.
- Click “Submit” to submit your form.
If the hourglass emoji was shown before your streak ended, Snapchat may not be able to help you. However, you can strengthen your case for recovery in the “What information do we need to know?” section. of the form.
Or from the Snapchats support page:
- Go to Snapchat Support.
- Select “Contact us”.
- Under the “How can we help?” section, choose “My Snapstreaks have disappeared.”
- Complete the form, including as many details as possible.
- Tap “Send” to send.
If the hourglass emoji was displayed before your streak ended, Snapchat may not be able to help you. You can support your case for recovery in the “What information do we need to know?” section. of the form.
How do streaks work?
A Snapstreak is formed when you and your friend exchange direct snaps (not chat) within 24 hours for more than three consecutive days. Once certain streak thresholds are crossed, you will be awarded these unique emojis:
- The fire emoji: This sign will appear after the three-day mark to confirm that you’re in a Snapstreak.
- All 100 Emoji – This sign appears once you have been in a Snapstreak for 100 consecutive days.
- The mountain emoji: There is a mystery in this prize since Snapchat has not confirmed its threshold to receive it. Snapchatters have claimed to have seen him at some point during an exceptionally long streak.
All emojis are displayed next to your Snapstreak partner’s name, with the total number of streak days. If you miss a day, it will reset to zero.
You will continue to see different emojis throughout your Snapstreak. One to watch out for is the hourglass emoji, which indicates that your Snapstreak is about to expire. If you’d like to continue, send your friend a snap or ask them to send you one.
What won’t count towards your fast streak
The following five types of interactions will not count towards your Snapstreak:
- Chat – Text chat between you and your Snapstreak partner will not count towards your streak.
- Group chats: Snapchat will not include snaps set for a group chat to your Snapstreak. Snaps must be submitted individually.
- Stories – Daily story recordings will not count towards your Snapstreak, even if your friend views the story.
- Spectacles: If you use Snapchat Spectacles to send content to your streak friend, it will not increase the Snapstreak.
- Memories: Sharing memories with your streak friend will not be considered a Snapstreak interaction.
To keep your Snapstreak going, keep things simple. Send photo or video content to each other only.
Is there a Snapchat support number I can call?
Unfortunately, Snapchat does not have a support phone number. For answers to questions and troubleshooting, you will need to contact them through their « Contact Us » web page.
Keeping your instant streaks
The Snapstreaking feature not only keeps you engaged on the platform but is also likely to bring out your competitive side. The platform helps with a display of numbered streaks and reminders when an add-on hasn’t been submitted within 24 hours. In case you’re wondering how you compare, check out who currently holds the record for the longest Snapchat streak.
Although you and your partner may be on your A-game, issues beyond your control, such as connectivity issues, can arise and can result in Snapchat ending your streak.
Fortunately, in a missed snap scenario, where neither party was at fault, you can ask Snapchat to restore your streak and pick up where you left off.