In addition to the thousands of songs present on Spotify, the streaming service also allows you to upload your own songs. This function can pay off, especially if you are a singer, musician, or even an independent band. See how to get your music on Spotify .
It is important to emphasize that the service does not allow the upload of music from illegal downloads.
Your music on Spotify from the desktop
1. Open the streaming service application on your computer;
2. Click on the menu arrow , next to your avatar and name, at the top of the player;
3. In the window that opens, click on “ Preferences ”;
4. Scroll down the screen and, in the topic “Local files”, select the option “ Add a source”;
5. A new window will open. In it, you will have to choose the source of the audio file(s) you want to upload;
6. To organize the songs you’ve just uploaded to Spotify, you might want to create a folder with the new playlist.
Spotify supports uploading the following files:
- .m4p (unless they contain video)
- .mp4 (only if QuickTime is installed on your computer)
Important: iTunes M4A file format is not supported.
Your music on Spotify by mobile or tablet (Android and iOS)
On mobile devices, this function is only available in Premium and paid version of the app.
1. First, upload the audio files from your computer to your Spotify account (see the tutorial above);
2. Organize these files into a playlist;
3. Now open the service app on your mobile phone or tablet. Make sure the device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the app on your computer;
4. Search for the playlist you created with your local files;
5. Activate the “ Download ” option . That way, the content will still be accessible to you later, even Spotify in offline mode.