Spotify lets you add or follow people to find out what’s new and what songs/podcasts other users are listening to in the app. This is a great way to stay on top of the latest releases of your favorite band or artist, or to remember that song from the time tunnel that only your friend listens to.
Here’s how to add people to access this information on Spotify.
How to follow artists and podcasts on Spotify
By following an artist, band or podcast on Spotify, you can stay on top of your latest releases on the streaming service.
To do this, simply go to his Spotify page and tap “Follow”. To unfollow, just tap that button again.
How to follow friends on Spotify
To use this feature, your Spotify account must be linked to Facebook.
Following friends in the desktop app
- Open the Spotify desktop app in the right side column “Friends Activity”, scroll down until you find the “Find Friends” option;
- You’ll see a list of friends from your Facebook who use Spotify. Tap “Follow all” or choose specific friends by tapping “Follow” next to each name.
Following friends through the Android or iPhone (iOS) app
- Open the Spotify app on your phone and tap “Home” on the bottom bar;
- Tap “Set up” (gear icon);
- Enter “View profile” and tap on the three dots at the top right;
- Tap “Find friends”;
- Now you can follow all at once or select specific friends by tapping the add icon next to each name.
How to know who your followers are on Spotify
In addition to knowing how to add people to Spotify, you can find out which friends follow you on the service. Learn how to follow:
Finding your followers on the desktop
- Tap your name in the upper right corner to access your Spotify profile;
- Go to “More”;
- Tap “Followers.”
Finding your followers on mobile
- Open the Spotify app and tap “Home” on the bottom bar;
- Go to “Configure” (gear icon);
- Tap “View profile” and finally go to “Followers.”
Ready! Now you already know who your followers are and how to follow friends on Spotify. If you don’t want to share your activity on the streaming service, check out our tutorial on how to hide what you’re listening to on Spotify.