At the moment, you can’t add polls to a chat on WhatsApp yet. There is an option to do this though as you can create a poll through third-party apps and add it to a WhatsApp chat. You can read how this works in this article.
Unfortunately, there is currently no feature in WhatsApp that allows you to add polls to your chats. While this could be a useful feature. Through such a poll, or survey, you can quickly get an answer to a question or gauge the opinion of group members in a group conversation. Last April, images appeared of the beta version of WhatsApp in which the function was included. However, the feature is still under development and it is not yet possible to create polls. Once WhatsApp has finished testing the feature, it will likely be available soon. When exactly this will be is not yet known.
Do you already want to be able to add polls to WhatsApp conversations? Fortunately, this is possible with third-party apps. For example, you can create a poll with HandyPolls and then share it via WhatsApp. We’ll show you how to do this in this article.
How to Create a Poll for WhatsApp
Below we explain step by step how you can create a poll for WhatsApp via Handypolls.
- Go to HandyPolls.com
- Then click on Get Started
- You can now enter the title for your poll and think of and enter the possible answers
- When you are done with this you can click on Create and get a link
- You can now choose how you want to share the poll
- If you choose ‘copy as HTML/text’, you can post your poll in a WhatsApp chat afterwards. You can also create a QR code and forward it.
- Those who respond to the poll can then ‘vote’ via the link.
- You will now be taken to a page where you can vote and view the results.
When you create a HandyPolls account, you can use multiple settings to make even more customizations.
Would you like to make a poll?
In apps like Telegram and Twitter, you can create and share a poll for a while. WhatsApp is therefore relatively late with this. But better late than never, right? There are also several apps and websites for creating polls. In this article, however, we have chosen this one because HandyPolls works very simply.
Would you make a poll later, or now via HandyPolls, for example? And if so, why do you think it’s a useful feature? Let us know in the comments below this article.