For those looking for a platform that makes it easy to create a website from scratch, Wix can be a good option. Offering both free and paid plans, there are tools and features available for the user’s taste. Understand how everything works and see if it is worth the investment for you or your company.
Wix is a platform for website development, from a portfolio to an online store. Their system is cloud-based, allowing anyone with an internet connection to create their online identity and promote their business.
It allows the user to register for free and, from there, start a website from scratch. Two options are offered for this:
- Wix ADI: Also called “Artificial Design Intelligence”, this editor asks the person questions and creates a website from the answers;
- Own editor: offers several different templates and a “drag and drop” system for page creation.
It is worth noting that the service also provides the following items:
- Support for SEO optimization;
- Resources for creating web app;
- Management through data from a proprietary system called Wix Analytics.
Is it easy to use Wix?
After registering on the platform, the user needs to follow the options offered to develop their page. Even for those who are not familiar with web design, everything is quite didactic and simple.
That way, I managed to put together a joke blog in less than 10 minutes, for example.
Once I went through the Wix ADI steps, all I did was tweak the placement and style of each section. For those who like to present videos, Instagram content and even talk to followers, everything is easily fitted into the site.
After completing the preparations, the person has the option to publish their project for free using a domain on the platform. However, items such as Wix advertisements will appear. To remove ads, you need to subscribe to one of the premium versions.
Finally, if the user has their own domain, it is possible to connect them to the ready site. If not, you can purchase one in the paid options.
What are the Wix subscription types?
For those who don’t want to use the free services, there are different plans that try to fit the individual or company project. Below you know each one:
- Connect Domain ($4 per month): Offers a custom domain, 1 GB of bandwidth and 500 MB of storage;
- Combo ($8 per month): custom domain, removes Wix ads, 2GB of bandwidth and 3GB of storage;
- Unlimited ($12 per month): delivers the same as the basic one, but with unlimited bandwidth and 10 GB of storage;
- VIP ($24 per month): offers the same as the unlimited, but with 35 GB of storage, social media files and a professional logo.
- Basic Business ($17 per month): removes Wix ads, unlimited bandwidth, 20GB storage space;
- Unlimited ($25 per month): offers the same as the basic, but with 35 GB of storage;
- VIP ($35 per month): same delivery as unlimited, but with 50 GB of storage, personalized reports and priority customer support.
I noticed that there are a lot of features available on Wix. It is possible to create a virtual store or a personal blog through the available options.
Do you intend to give the platform a chance?