If you need to speak in English to a person on WhatsApp or you are reading difficult text in another language in the browser, don’t worry. A Google Translate feature allows you to translate parts of text without leaving what you are doing behind. See how simple it is:
- Install the Google Translate app ;
- Tap the menu button in the upper left corner and then go to Settings ;
- Open the Tap to translate setting ;
- Check the option Enable the “Tap to translate” feature ;
- Confirm on Activate and check the option Allow overlay to other apps ;
- Then just select or copy the text you want to translate and tap the Google Translate icon.
Like Google Translate itself, it recognizes dozens of languages and can translate any selectable or copied text. That is, it works on WhatsApp, browser, some areas of Facebook, in short. See how easy it is?