Are you an MTN subscriber? Have you ever ran out of airtime when you needed to get in touch with someone urgently?
It’s quite normal for one to run out of airtime and not be able to recharge at the moment. Things have even become more easier with mobile banking as you can now quickly recharge your phone number directly from your bank account. You don’t want to recharge from your bank account? It’s fine.
Read: List of Transfer Codes for all Banks in Nigeria – USSD Banking Codes.
With myMTN app and some MTN USSD codes you can now send free SMS to another MTN number in Nigeria but only if you have an active data bundle (for myMTN app).
It’s actually a very nice offer and it was officially launched by MTN a very long time ago so have no worries because it won’t be cancelled anytime soon.
How to send free SMS on myMTNapp
- Download myMTN app from playstore or if you already have it, open the application
- Navigate to More
- Click on offers and promotions
- Click send free SMS
- Enter recipient’s number and enter the message
- Click on Okay and the message will be sent.
Note: you can only send 10 free SMS daily.
How to send Free Messages on MTN using USSD code
This other method is simple and quick but it’s available only on MTN to MTN and it can be done unlimitedly perhaps. So here’s how to send free SMS on MTN using USSD code;
- Open your Android dialer
- Dial *133#
- Enter the MTN recipient’s number
- Select any message/ SMS from the screen prompt
- Now send the message to the MTN number.